HomeSmart Fine Homes and Land has partnered with Renewal Education of Phoenix to offer e-learning for New Agent and Broker Licensing in our approved classrooms at our office situated at 140 N Montezuma Street in Prescott Arizona 928-442-2121.
To date our school has graduated over 250 students!
Programs of Study:
• Our pre-licensing course, entitled Principles of Real Estate, is presented in a proprietary multi-media format. This format combines interactive computer learning, a comprehensive textbook and guidance from an approved instructor. When enrolling, you may schedule attendance according to your preference.
• As a student, you may complete the 90-hour course requirement in as little as nine business days or as long as one year. Our program is extremely flexible; you can start on any business date and attend classes according to your timetable.
• You may begin the pre-licensing program on any day, however, reservations are recommended.
• You may complete only two sessions per day.
• Due to our unique format and class-size limits, students are required to schedule the dates and sessions they will attend.
• Tuition as low as $450 Agent & $650 Broker – Materials included.
Requirements for the State License
1. Complete the 90-hour Pre-Licensing course. Completion means that you have attended each of the 18 sessions at least once. You may take up to one year to complete the course.
2. Pass the school exam with at least a 80% overall. If you do not pass initially, you are required to take additional exams until you pass successfully.
3. Pass the Arizona State Exam. Upon passing the school exam, you will be issued the Real Estate Candidate Handbook that contains instructions necessary to apply for the Arizona State Exam. Additional information is available at www.pearsonvue.com or by calling 1-888-204-6291 Monday-Friday between 6:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. to register for the exam. Cost of the Arizona State Exam is $125 for Sales person or $225 for Broker.
4. Prior to activating your license, you are required to take a six hour contract writing course before the state will issue your license. The contract writing course is separate from the 90-hour pre-licensing course and does not require any additional testing. This course also counts towards the 24-hour continuing education requirement that licensees must fulfill every two years
5. After passing the State Exam, you have one year to activate your license. Fees for the initial salesperson license are as follows:
• $125.00 license fee for a two year period to expire on the last day of the month of issuance.
• $10.00 fee to go towards Real Estate Recovery Fund.
• Total cost to initiate salesperson’s license is approximately $135.00.
All licensee applicants must provide with their applications a Fingerprint Clearance Card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety. The issuance of the card can take from 4 to 6 weeks and the Fingerprint Clearance card fee is $69.00.